SQL Server 2017 keeps you ahead of the game
At Carillon we’ve never understood why our competitors force users to use old versions of software (especially database software). In today’s world the newest versions have the best security and the best performance. Old versions can be dangerous for you and your data. For example, Carillon® supports Microsoft SQL Server 2017. Many of our competitors don’t. We still support versions of SQL Server back to SQL Server 2012 R2, but why would you want to use obsolete versions that are slow and not as secure?
Why SQL Server 2017?
We want our users to be able to take advantage of the new features and enhancements in SQL Server 2017 including, but not limited to:
- Automatic Database Tuning: This new feature provides insight into potential query performance problems, recommends solutions, and can automatically fix identified problems. Databases need to be tuned. No ERP vendor can ship with the perfect set of indexes and memory optimizations for your organization because the indexes and memory optimizations can be different depending on your business. Advances in automatic tuning make the critical tuning process much easier.
- A new generation of query processing: These improvements adapt optimization strategies to Carillon® ERP’s workload’s runtime conditions. Each SQL statement is optimized to access the data as quickly as possible based on the data in your tables. Improvements in query optimization can make a huge difference in the speed your users see.
- Resumable Online Index Rebuild: Some or our clients have very large databases, and they occasionally need to rebuild indexes. If an interruption occurs, it’s nice to be able to resume the rebuild from where it left off.
- Increased security over CLR assemblies: In today’s world, security enhancements are vital to protecting your data. Why would you not want to take advantage of them?
- New functionality for “Always on Availability Groups”: This allows clients to never go down because of a server failure.
- Memory-optimized object enhancements: These make memory-optimized tables more practical, which can result in HUGE speed enhancements.
Carillon gives you all that and more
Contact us today to learn more about how Carillon® ERP gives businesses a competitive edge with access to time-sensitive data.